Tuesday, February 12, 2013

nerdy chic.

Dear Nerdy Girl,

This blog post is for you, my lovelies. It’s no longer a fashion faux pas to rock nerdy thick frames or high waisted pants and button-up shirts; in fact, it’s the time to embrace it! Now I’ve tried looking for an actual definition of “nerdy chic” style, but I couldn’t find a legitimate one… however, to me it’s embodying a quirky fun feeling. 


 



I would see it as being:
-Thick lenses
- Button up shirts
- Wearing cardigans
- High hair buns
- Plaid and/or polka dots
- Flat shoes
Just to name a few...

I don’t really think there’s a limit to this trend, it’s mostly just having fun and not setting limits to your style. A master of this trend is my favorite actress, Zooey Deschanel. I think a big part of her pulling this off is her personality! She’s very quirky and down to earth; I don’t think you could hate her even if you tried.



 
I leave you with this, find your inner nerd and let her shine! You’ll find it very freeing, trust me.

Lots of love,
Jess




No comments: