Wednesday, August 10, 2011

haute couture.

In Chanel Fall\Winter 2011-2012 Haute Couture show, there was a recurring theme of 50's inspired coats with a modern fitting shape to them. Every model was wearing a inspired bowler-esque hat with feathers and had a black smokey cat eye covered with a gothic lace bandeau.

All through out the show there was very little color but the outfits kept a high level of vanity (I personally don't need much color). The amazing detail brought to the simple pencil skirt and tailored jackets are incredible, I wasn't too fond of the sparkles, but it was keeping in tune with the Chanel feel without going too gothic. I also loved the fingerless gloves that were recurring in many outfits through out the collection, I will definitely be adopting this look over the fall\winter season. We also see that the long hem will be keeping its standing in the current trends.

I feel that Lagerfeld is only getting cooler and more hip as he ages. Let's keep up the awesomeness!

(Here are just a few of my favorite looks.)




No comments: