Thursday, March 1, 2012

award season wrap up.

Dear Tv-holics,
If your like me and follow every single award show red carpet then the past two months must have been just as fun for you as it was for me. I am a big fan of the show, Fashion Police, and every time an award show has wrapped up they discuss the fashions that were seen on the red carpet. So in the spirit of the last major award show ending *The Oscars* I figured that I would put together a little blog post to commemorate the major award shows of 2012. I am going to be featuring my top 6 favorite looks in this blog post and will follow up with my least favorite looks. And so it begins...


 In the #1 spot is Jessica Chastain wearing custom made Alexander McQueen at the Oscars ! And no it's not because she has the same name as me that I picked her, it's because this dress makes her look exquisite, this woman is barely wearing any makeup and looks like perfection, and even her half up hair do is breath taking. She accessorized to perfection by letting the dress speak for itself. With her skin tone and hair color working so well with the tones of this dress she is my number one pick.   
In at second place is Rihanna at the 2012 Grammy Awards, wearing Armani. This dress makes Rihanna look soooo sexy it's incredible! This dress could've gone really slutty really easily but the minimal accessories and simple lady like heels left it looking very classy. Just the right amount of skin and her blonde hair made it look like a mixture of Joan Jet and Whitney Houston. Loved it so much it was tied with number one.  (I posted the second picture because I loved that she did a dark plum lip as the night went along. And because Katy Perry looks better with her Gucci dress inside the Grammy's then what she was wearing on the red carpet.)



 





 In third is Lea Michele wearing Marchesa at the Golden Globe awards. I hate this girl as much as I love her. On the red carpet she always over poses like she's shooting a bad fashion campaign, but her style is pretty much always impeccable. So because of my love hate relationship with her it landed her my number three look of the season.


 In at #4 is Sofia Vergara wearing Vera Wang, as much as this woman annoys me a little she always looks gorgeous! This is one of my favorite looks because she didn't over do it as she tends to do sometimes. The lovely mermaid style dress looks amazing on her. And the styling is perfect, keeping it simple was very smart.

My number five look is of course the one the only, Angelina Jolie wearing Atelier Versace at this years Oscar awards. So it's not even that this is my favorite dress but simply because she looks like a goddess in it. The red lips look superb, but her prosthetic looking leg that lasted all night (not a big fan). Sorry Angie ...










And last in my #6 spot is Taylor Swift wearing Zuhair Murad Fall 2011 Couture. This looked amazingggg on her at the grammy's she won big and the gold represented that well. I was so happy to see Taylor branching out from her cookie cutter girly dresses that I needed to post her up too. So proud.

No comments: